Saturday, January 4, 2014

DENYING GOD

Dear One, Jesus asked Peter three times for a declaration of Peter's love for Him. Jesus knew Peter's tendency to be fervently loyal when things were going right, but He knew that Peter had a tendency to want to leave when things got heated. Jesus knew Peter's tendency to want to return to the security of the religious laws which were his foundation from the past. Peter did exactly that after the resurrection of Jesus. He required of others the obedience to religious laws from the past. In soliciting Peter's loyalty, Jesus felt that He could trust Peter to keep the new covenant of love which Jesus was to institute, trusting that Peter would not try to put new wine into old wine skins, or put My children who experienced the freedom of the law of love and life in Christ Jesus back under the guilt and condemnation which came from religious laws. Jesus solicited the loyalty of Peter before He gave Peter the commission to feed His sheep. Jesus did not want to leave His sheep under the tutelage of someone who would further burden them.
  When you love someone, you will do everything to please the person. You will not offend the person. You will not tantalize the person. You will not deny your loyalty to the person, which Peter later did. Peter received My forgiveness but Peter struggled with the pull toward burdening others with the bondage of religious laws for years. For years Peter enjoyed the approval of men rather than My approval. He later grew in grace and knowledge of My love. I don't question you and your loyalty to Me. I know your heart. I know the desires of your heart to please Me, but I also know the enticements of evil which come to lead you into actions which are detrimental to your mental health, your physical health, and your spiritual health. I sent My Holy Spirit into your life to give you the power to destroy the works of the devil in your life just like He did through Jesus. I give you the power to refuse to do injurious evil acts at the prompting of the devil. I gave you My power to conquer the devil and his promptings. I give you the power to love all of My creation, the people and the earth. I said that the laws of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus have set you free from the laws of sin and death. Don't return to the religious laws and reap the condemnation and guilt which come from feigning obedience to them. Loving others is My commandment. When you love others, you have fulfilled all religious laws. In My love there is no prejudice, no opposition, no political party spirits, no strife with anyone, no denominational doctrines which separate, no grudges, no bitter rhetoric, no anger and no railings and ravings. Love does not rejoice at the failings of others. Love is patient, kind, believes the best about everyone, appreciates diversity. Love is not rude and arrogant. Love is not selfish and insist on its own way. Love isn't boastful or jealous. Love bears all things and pays no attention to a wrong. Love is My nature. Against love, there are no laws. When you refuse to love others as I have commanded you, you are denying Me and My love. Love, God Matthew 5:44-48; John 18:19-27; Matthew 26:31; John 21:15-19; John 13:34-35; John 15:12-13; John 15:17; Romans 12:9-21; I Corinthians 13:4-7;

No comments: