Monday, September 15, 2014

TRUE MINISTRY

Dear One, If you will notice I told the nation with which I had My first covenant to love their neighbors as they loved themselves. If you will also notice, before Jesus was raised from the dead and came to live with Me again, He told My children to love one another as He loves them. Is there a difference? Yes. Self love under the old covenant was a natural human emotion because people were self absorbed, self conceited and self protective. Loving oneself was limited and short lived, but it was still more love than they had for each other, as evidenced by their actions. Loving others as they loved themselves was an improvement over their ability at the time to love. When Jesus admonished you to love others as He and I love you, He was describing a type of love that can only come from Me. It is unconditional love, agape love, unselfish love, sacrificial love, merciful love and forgiving love. It is a love that never takes into account a wrong suffered, a love that is not prideful or jealous or boastful, a love that is not resentful or irritable, a love that bears all things with faith instead of fretting, worrying, complaining and griping, a love that rejoices when good things happen to others instead of rejoicing when bad things happen to people who oppose them.

That is My love because it never ends. It is the greatest thing in the earth. It takes My Holy Spirit to reveal My love to My children. That is why I could not command the children of Israel to love others as I love them. They didn't know the reality of My love. It takes My Holy Spirit, the Spirit of truth, to reveal My love to My children. Under My old covenant with a nation, My Spirit had not been given to live in My children because Jesus had not completed His ministry. Only when His ministry was completed, His sacrifice, His death, His resurrection and His ascension into My heaven, only then could He send My Spirit into the earth. My Spirit was the power that allowed Him to complete His ministry. But when it was over, it was time for the ministry of My Holy Spirit to begin. Jesus called the ministry of My Spirit "the promise of the Father". Jesus knew that My Spirit would reveal My love to My children and then they would be able to love others as We love them. To love others and to show love to them is the greatest ministry that My children can do in the earth. Then others will see those works and glorify Me as being the power and motivation behind the ministry of love. They will want to know Me and My love. Love will even defeat evil. My Holy Spirit said that love will overcome a multitude of sins, meaning evil spirits and evil deeds. Love forgives the sins of others, eradicating the effects of them. The power of My love transformed you. My love in you will do the same for others. Your Loving Father John 13:34; John 17:26; John 20:2I-23; Acts. 1:4-8; Romans 5:5-8; Corinthians 13:4-7; James 5:20; I Peter 4:8-10; Matthew 5:16; Ephesians 3: 14-20.

No comments: