Friday, September 26, 2014

TRUE PATRIOTISM

Dear One, Sometimes My children get things reversed in their minds. Sometimes My children get extreme in their devotion. For instance, certain of My children get upset when others do not show respect for national symbols, flags, seals and similar things which are only inanimate representations of their countries. In their extreme patriotism they put their devotion onto symbols of their countries. The people who make up the country are often maligned and hated by the ones who are devoted to the flags of their countries. The people of a country are the country, not the symbols. When a person curses, hates and maligns the officials whom they have elected, that is being unpatriotic because the people of a country make up the country, not the flags and symbols. The people who criticize others who do not salute the flags of a country are often criticizing the ones who are the most patriotic because they are merciful, kind and loving toward the people of the country. The people are the country, not the symbols. Jesus spoke this truth when he spoke to the Scribes and Pharisees who were proud of their religious patriotism. He said that they were hypocrites because they paid their religious and political tithes yet they omitted the most important things which were mercy, righteous judgment and faith. He said that they should have done the things which related to people and to Me. He said they had neglected the things which I commanded of loving Me, which is faith, and loving their neighbors as themselves, which involves mercy. In other words He said that the people make up their country and they had neglected them while they paid their tithes which were required. He said that the people are more important than obeying every tithing law of their countries. The righteous judgment of which He spoke is the discerning of spirit which causes you to see what is important to Me, which are My children. He further said that they should pay allegiance to their countries but to make important in their lives what is important to Me, which are people who are created in My image. Be cautious when you say, "My country, right or wrong." Do you want the curses to come upon you that come upon your country when atrocities are done to people in the name of your country? I think not. Get your thinking right. Don't speak evil about people who do not salute your flag or pledge allegiance to your country. Sometimes their allegiance is to Me instead, and their respect for those who are in authority in your country is more important than their saluting a symbol of your country. Are flags more important than people and are seals more important than My admonitions to you? I told My children to pray for those who are in authority over them so that they will lead a peaceful life. Some of My children want to find offense with everyone in the name of religion and patriotism. Those people do not lead a peaceful life because of their judging of others If you are after a peaceful life, follow the advice of Jesus and do the more important parts of religious laws, loving Me and loving others as I love you. That is what happened to Jewish laws, the laws became more important than My children, who are the loves of My very being. Live a peaceful life by praying for those in authority over you and doing good to those who offend you, returning good for evil done to you. My ways are higher than your ways and My thought are higher than your thoughts. Respect national symbols, but show love to My children. You can know My ways by listening to Jesus and My Holy Spirit. Your Loving Father Matthew 23:23-38; Hebrews 13:17; Romans 12:18-21; I Timothy 2:1-6; Isaiah 55:9-12.

No comments: