Sunday, September 13, 2015

CHOICES MATTER

Dear One,
    My children teach their children that choices matter, choices between good and evil.  They emphasize choosing between having sex before marriage and not having sex before marriage,   They also emphasize obeying civil laws rather than ignoring civil laws.  They teach that choosing not to drink alcohol instead of becoming drunks is a choice that they must make. They teach that choosing friends who are law abiding rather than law breakers is a good choice. They teach their children that the futures of their children depend upon the choices that they make. 
   I do the same thing with My children, I teach them that their choices matter.  However, My teachings about choices begin with choosing thoughts instead of merely choosing their actions, because all actions are preceded by thoughts.  I teach My children in My Instruction Book that thoughts must be either accepted or rejected and their attitudes and actions depend upon the choices that they make in choosing thoughts. 
    In the beginning of the earth I instructed the first man not to choose to listen to the devil, choosing bad thoughts over My good thoughts.  I called it the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.  The first man didn't follow My instructions but instead he entertained evil thoughts from the devil and the result was that communion with Me was temporarily cut off as well as his blessings being cut off.   (Genesis 2:15-17) On occasion he would choose to listen to My wisdom and instructions, but on other occasions he chose to listen to the evil one, followed the instructions of the devil and becoming cursed in many areas of his life.   Not only was he cursed but the ground was cursed, his family was cursed and his entire life became cursed.
    In the course of time I sent a savior to save men from the curses caused by listening to evil thoughts and following them.  My son Jesus came to earth as a human and with My supernatural power in Him, the Holy Spirit, He defeated the effects of the curses, which are often called the works of the devil.  (I John 3:8) Jesus took the place of My children, satisfying the devil's plan to spiritually kill all of My children which would result in physically killing them.  He took the place of all of My children.  He went to hell for My children, then rose from the dead by the power of My Holy Spirit.  After three days He came back to heaven to live with Me for eternity so that My children could do the same thing that He did, overcome the works of the devil. 
    Jesus sent into the lives of My children the same Holy Spirit who empowered Him because We knew that My children needed My supernatural power to refuse to listen to the devil in their thoughts.  With My power you can reject every thought that exalts itself against My teachings of wisdom and knowledge. (II Corinthians 10:3-5)  I said in that instruction that with My Spirit in you that you have the power to cast down every thought that is from hell instead of from Me.
    The reason I sent My Spirit into you is so that you would have the supernatural power to resist the temptations of the devil to deceive you into following his guidance through your thoughts which produce attitudes and actions of conflict, turmoil, depression, despair, envy, jealousy, drunkenness, carousing, wars and other defeating attitudes and actions. (Galatians 5:17-21)  I said that My Holy Spirit will give you the supernatural power to exemplify My works which are love, joy, peace, mercy, goodness, kindness, patience and faith.  Those are the thoughts that I place in your mind, hoping that you will follow My guidance. (Galatians 5:22-23)
     It's all a matter of choosing your thoughts.  I said to submit yourself to Me, to resist the devil and he will flee from you.  The devil knows that you have a choice, and when you choose My thoughts over his thoughts, then your attitudes and  actions will be of Me and your life will be flooded with My blessings instead of the devil's curses. (James 4:7-8)  Evil will have to flee from you.
     Choosing to follow Jesus is not a one time thing.  Every moment of your day you are afforded the opportunity to choose My thoughts over tempting thoughts of evil.  You are tempted by the devil to judge others, to hate others, to be jealous of others, to be angry with others or to want revenge over others.  Those thoughts come from hell.  My thoughts will entice you to forgive others, to bless them instead of curse them, to do good to everyone, to love others as I love you. (John 13;34)
      Choose My ways by choosing My thoughts and you will live the abundant life.
      Your Wisdom Teaching Father   

No comments: