Tuesday, September 8, 2015

THE EYES OF THE SPIRIT

Dear One,
    I talked to you about living in the world and how there is always tribulation in the world because of the father of evil who entices people to do destructive things.   Jesus said that very thing but then He proclaimed the good news, that He has overcome the world and you can also overcome the bad things that happen to you but you need My power in order to overcome evil works. (John 16:33)
     My Spirit wrote through Paul that you will be afflicted but not crushed, perplexed nor driven to despair. He said that you will be persecuted but not forsaken.  He said that you can be struck down but not destroyed.  He wrote that the way to always overcome those unpleasant occurrences in your life is to do what Jesus did, become dead to the emotions and vision of the natural man, the flesh.  He said that you must be like Jesus, always living the life of the Spirit, not the flesh.  (II Corinthians 4:7-12) Jesus was persecuted, but never forsaken by Me.  He was afflicted but never despaired.  He was struck down but always overcame the bad experiences.  He did those things by drawing on My supernatural insights, My wisdom and My knowledge, always drawing the supernatural strength to rise up again and do what I asked Him to do.(II Corinthians 4:16-18) 
     Jesus loved the people who persecuted Him, afflicted Him and struck Him.  If you will remember, He told you and all of My children to love your enemies. (Matthew 5:43-48) Love is supernatural power that I give you to overcome the bad things that people do to you.  Love is powerful.  It changes people, things, situations and circumstances. Love overcomes a multitude of sins of people who oppose you. (I Peter 4:8)  Jesus told you to see people with the eyes of your Spirit, not with the eyes of your flesh.  When you see people with the eyes of your Spirit, My eyes, you forgive them because you know that they are merely yielding to the devil, just like you do on occasion. (John 8:15)
     My Holy Spirit told you that any affliction, persecution or striking blow to your flesh or your emotions that happens to you is only temporary and that you should not look to the flesh, the things that are seen with the human eye, but you should look to things with My Spiritual Eyes which include My supernatural powers, My supernatural abilities, My angels, My cloud of witnesses, My things that are heavenly instead of earthly.  Only with My things that are heavenly and celestial will you overcome everything bad that happens in your life on earth.  Every good thing in My heaven overcomes every bad thing in your earth.  (I Corinthians 15:40-58)
     I said to always look to Jesus, the author and finisher of your faith. (Hebrews 12:1-2; Romans 5:3-11)  Only look to Me and My abilities, not to the devil and his afflictions, persecutions and tribulations.  Glorify Me in tribulation by speaking of My abilities to save you from the effects of tribulations rather than speaking about and glorifying the devil and his abilities to afflict, maim and destroy you. When you speak of My abilities you are speaking your declaration of independence from the works of the devil and speaking your declaration of dependence upon Me. 
     Instead of only seeing the afflictions of the devil on your life with human eyes, you will become victorious over every tribulation if you will see My powerful, saving, and overcoming works with spiritual eyes. Jesus said that the people of his day only looked on the flesh but that He looked on the Spirit. He overcame every obstacle.   Go and do like He did with the power of My Spirit.
     Your Loving and Powerful Father