Wednesday, November 11, 2015

PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE

PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE
Dear One
    The psalmist David wrote, "Let the words of My mouth and the meditation of My heart be acceptable in your sight, Oh, Lord, My strength and My redeemer."(Psalm 19:14)   
    That was great insight for David to have, seeking to have pure words and pure thoughts that are acceptable to me.  David did not know the full extent of the importance of having pure, loving thoughts toward everyone.  He only knew that I have pure, loving thoughts toward him, and he desired to have pure, loving thoughts toward everyone. Jesus taught the importance of having pure, loving thoughts when he taught that when one person looks at another person with lusting thoughts that he or she has committed adultery in his or her heart already, without doing the acts of adultery. (Matthew 5:27-30)  He also said if a man is angry with another person, that he has killed already.  (Matthew 5:21-26)
    Taking those important teachings of Jesus into account, relate that to judging a person in your mind for being different than you, a different race, a different social standing, a different political persuasion, a different religion, a different educational level, different clothes and different cultures, all which produce actions for which you might judge the person.  You don't even have to verbalize your judgment, Jesus said that the mental judgment is enough to sow seeds of judgment into the devil's garden of destruction which will return judgment to you.
Jesus said that you will not inherit the benefits of My kingdom while in the earth if you persist in judging others.
    The basis of that teaching is that you must be merciful to everyone, understanding that their motivations for their actions are varied, just like yours are; and, because I do not judge you, as My child you must not judge others.  I said that you owe every man love because I love you. (Romans 13:8-10) You owe every person mercy and understanding because I do not judge you nor do I judge anyone. Mercy is an outgrowth of love.  As My child, you owe mercy and understanding to everyone.  When you are merciful, you obtain mercy from others.  When you judge others, even in your mind only, you sow seeds into the devil's garden of judgment and you will receive judgment by the devil.
    Refusing to yield to the devil's temptation to judge someone takes practice, practice, practice and more practice.  It takes the discernment of My Holy Spirit to  
alert you to the thoughts of judgment which sneak into your mind ever so easily, depending upon your religious background.  Since sin gets its power from religious laws, if your religious background is limited you will not be easily susceptible to judgmental thoughts.  But if your religious background is plentiful, you will be prone to be open to judging thoughts from hell toward others. Unfortunately, religion itself, without revelation of My Holy Spirit, programs My children to judge everyone and everything.  Religious people have no understanding of the motivations behind law breaking, that all lawbreaking is yielding to temptations of the devil.   Revelation by My Spirit reveals truth, which is understanding and freedom, and understanding brings mercy which floods My children with mercy.
     I challenge My children to practice every minute of the day discerning the thoughts of judgment which invade your mind.  They are plentiful.  Arrest them and cast them out before they take hold and eventually cause you to be judged. When a judgmental thought enters into your mind about anything or anybody, push the reject button in your mind and reject the thought.  Immediately bless the person and extend merciful thoughts to him or her.  That action is submitting yourself to Me instead of to the judgment thoughts. It is resisting the devil and causing him to flee from you.  (James 4:7) 
     Practice, practice, practice until you are proficient at being merciful to everyone, refusing to judge anyone; but instead, readily blessing everyone you see, think about, and with whom you live.  When you are merciful to everyone, you will obtain mercy from everyone and there will be no more turmoil in your life.  You will live the life of peace that I desire for you, which is part of My kingdom of heaven. (Romans 12:18)
     Practice makes perfect. Practice showing love others as I love you.
     Your Loving, Merciful Father
         

No comments: