Monday, November 30, 2015

ROADS TO REPENTANCE

Dear One,
    Judging others will not lead them to repentance, which means changing their ways.
    Condemning others will not lead them to repentance, which means changing their ways.
    Punishing others will not lead them to repentance, which means changing their ways.
    Lecturing others will not lead them to repentance, which means changing their ways,
     My Holy Spirit wrote through the prophet Paul that you should not despise My goodness, forbearance and long suffering because it is My goodness that leads a man to want to change His ways from evil to good, which is what repentance really is. (Romans 2:4)
     John the Baptist, who was the embodiment of religious laws, always preached repentance, which was considered at that time to be feeling sorry for their sins, seeking penance, having self hatred and promising again and again to change. (Matthew 3:) However, My Son Jesus merely forgave sins, cast out the demons which caused the sins, and told the sinners that My kingdom came upon them when the offensive demons left their bodies. (Matthew 9:2-7; Luke 11:20) He knew that My children did not have the power to resist evil without the power of My Holy Spirit living inside of them.   That is why Jesus did not preach the same thing John the Baptist preached, because He knew that without My power inside of the people, they had no authoritative power to resist evil. (Acts 1:4-5)
     So if it is My goodness and kindness that leads a person to want to change their ways from evil to good, then it is your goodness and kindness toward others that lead a person to want to change his or her ways from evil to good because I gave to you the ministry of reconciliation, reconciling all people to Me.  Your forgiveness, love and goodness are what draws a person to want to change his or her ways. (II Corinthians 5:17-18)
     This truth is the reason why I taught through Jesus that you must forgive your enemies, do good to them, pray for them and bless them, because it is those acts of love which draw them to Me and My goodness.  My Holy Spirit wrote that you must not try to avenge yourself but that you must feed your enemy and give him water if he is thirsty; in other words, do good to him or her because when you do those acts of goodness you heap My angels upon their heads to minister to them, turning their hearts from stone to flesh, from hatred to love. (Romans 12:19-21; Ezekiel 10:1-4)  His point was that you can overcome evil with good, leading a person to want to change his or her ways from evil to good. From there on, I and My angels take over the pursuit for their souls.
     Religious laws under the old covenant of punishing your enemies became of no effect, dead, under My new covenant of love for all of humanity.   Instead of judging and condemning others, My powerful ways of loving your enemies and doing good to them by the power of My Holy Spirit, just as I do, are My ways instead of the ways of the flesh.  My ways produce miracles every time, tenderizing the hearts of people.  Their hearts are hungry for love, goodness and kindness, and when they experience My character in My children they will want to change their ways from bad to good. 
    It is not religious laws that draw anyone to Me.  People are repelled by religious laws.  It is My goodness and kindness that people crave.  You, by the power of My Spirit, are My ambassadors of goodness and kindness in the earth.   It was My goodness that drew you to Me.  Extend My goodness to others and see My  miracles happen in their lives. (II Corinthians 19-21)
    Your Forgiving, Reconciling Father
     

No comments: