Sunday, April 3, 2022

FIRST RECORD OF AN OATH

My Dear Precious Child, In the recorded history of the nation of Israel there was a famine in the days of Abraham. I appeared to Isaac, the son of Abraham, and instructed him not to take his family to Egypt but instead that they would live in the land to which I led them. I had promised Abraham that I would make him the father of many nations. So when I spoke to Isaac, I swore an oath to him that I would be with them, would favor them with blessings, and that I would give to him and his descendants all of the lands, and that I would perform the oath that I swore to Abraham, his father. I reiterated to Isaac that I would make his descendants to be as many as the stars of the heavens, and by his offspring all the nations of the earth would be blessed. I reminded Isaac that Abraham had kept My instructions, commands, statues and My laws. (Genesis 26:5) Isaac sowed seed in that land and his crops yielded 100 times as much as he had planted and I favored him with My blessings. He became great and gained even more and more until he became very wealthy and distinguished. He owned flocks, herds and had a great supply of servants and so the Philistines envied him. Abimelech observed the righteous behavior of Isaac through an incident with his wife, and he offered to make a covenant with Isaac by their swearing to an oath which established a covenant between them. They agreed that neither one would do anything to hurt the other person, so they did nothing but good to each other. It was common knowledge that when a person united with another person by taking an oath, that if they broke the oath, a curse would be upon them and their entire tribe.(Genesis 26:12-14) Isaac and his wife Rebekah had twin sons.(Genesis 25:21-34) When his son Esau married at 40 years old, he married a daughter of two Hittite people. The couple made life miserable, bitter and grievous in mind and spirit for Isaac and Rebekah. Esau's curses for breaking the oath of being the firstborn and selling that benefit to his brother Jacob extended to his children. (Genesis 26:34-35) Earlier in their family life Isaac had favored the twin Esau and his wife Rebekah had favored his twin Jacob. Jealousy became a ruling curse in the family so when Esau returned from hunting one day in the days of their early teen years, Jacob was cooking lentil stew. Because Esau was famished with hunger from hunting all day, he had begged Jacob to sell him some of the stew. Jacob refused until he influenced Esau to sell him his birthright as being the firstborn. Esau felt that he was going to die from starvation so he agreed to swear to give his birthright to Jacob. Jacob gave some of the stew to Esau with Jacob being the new owner of the inheritance which was due to the first born male. Unfortunately, the children of Israel found that if they broke an agreement of a covenant that curses would enter into their lives because they had broken a promise, which caused demons to flood into their lives with their curses. As long as they kept My statues, precepts and laws, they were in My will and they were protected, but when they broke a covenant they were no longer protected by Me because they were outside of My will. Breaking a covenant meant that the devil's guilt and condemnation would curse their heart and mind. Esau experienced the curses that came from selling his birthright to Jacob because it broke his and Abraham's covenant with Me and it carried curses for generations, beginning with a life which was cursed by his son and his son's wife.(Genesis 26:35) With the history of the children of Israel and their habit of always breaking their covenants with Me and with each other, can you now understand the instructions of Jesus when He came to earth to die for the sins of the world when He said for people to never make a covenant by swearing an oath because He knew that it was impossible for them to keep any oaths to which they swore. He was trying to save you and My other children the horror of having curses flood into your life. (Matthew 5:33-37) My efforts have always been to protect My children from the devil and his works. Even though I instructed My children not to swear to an oath, I can swear an oath to My children related to a promise that I make because I am Your Father who has the power to keep all instructions attached to all agreements between My children and Me. In addition to your having My promises, when you hear My oath to you that oath says that I am going to absolutely 100% guarantee that I will do what I promise to do. I said the oath ends all of your strife and let's you absolutely know that you know that My promise is about to be fulfilled in your life. (Hebrew 6:17-20) Strive to enter into My rest by hearing My oaths to you which relate to My promises. They come in dreams, visions, revelations or prophesies from My heaven which allow you to spiritually see the fulfillment of My promises that I make to you before they become reality in your world. (Acts 2:1-21) Your Father of Guaranteed Promises

No comments: