Tuesday, September 26, 2017

MENTAL VEILS - THE POOR ME/MARTYR SYNDROME

Dear Precious Child,
   There are evil thoughts that go unidentified as being evil in the minds of My children which, when entertained, will monopolize your thoughts until you become a real martyr, eager to tell everyone about your poor state of affairs.   The thoughts start out as the "poor me" syndrome: "poor me" because my children don't give me enough attention, "poor me" because nobody loves me; "poor me" because nobody talks to me at church, "poor me" because my husband doesn't appreciate me, "poor me" because nobody compliments me, "poor me" because God doesn't answer my prayers; "poor me" because I don't make as much money as other people do, "poor me" because I'm being persecuted for being a Christian, and on and on and on.  The "poor me" syndrome has many faces and many topics with which to make you feel under appreciated, under complimented, an underachiever, under validated and under rewarded. 
   The danger in allowing the "poor me" thoughts to remain in your mind is that you will voice them to other people time and time again until they become real martyr statements.  The result is that you will have sown bad seeds into the devil's garden of curses and eventually the devil will provide you with circumstances to prove your poverty in many areas of your life.  You had created your own martyrdom by confessing it over and over again, authorizing the devil to make it true.  The minute you accept into your mind that you are poor in any area of life, the devil is holding in his hand the rope end of the harpoon, snagging you and bringing you into more situations in which you will feel poor and disadvantaged.
  A person who constantly professes "poor me" statements to other people is programming his or her life for more instances that will make the "poor me" statements true.  That person is more satisfied with having the sympathy of people instead of having his or her woes cease. 
  Remember that the children of Israel professed "poor me" attitudes over and over again.  They tired of the manna that I sent to them from heaven because it became boring to them so they griped about it to each other and to Me.  I sent quail and they started griping and groaning about the quail also, saying  "poor us" because they had to eat quail every meal.  (Numbers 11:4-13 and 31-32) I had promised them a land of milk and honey in a distant land where grapes were huge, but they were focused on their lack of perfect comfort in the wilderness.(Numbers 13:23-24) They even said they wanted to go back into slavery in Egypt because freedom was too uncomfortable.  If you will remember, the generation that griped and groaned did not get to go into the land of milk and honey because of their unbelief which resulted in their griping and groaning about their lack.  Their children were allowed to enter into the promised land instead of the generation that I supernaturally led out of slavery through Moses.  If that generation had been allowed to enter into the promised land, they would have polluted it with more of their "poor me" attitudes. (Hebrews 3:7-10
   My Holy Spirit said in My Instruction Book that faith is calling the things that are not as thought they were; in other words, knowing that what I have promised, I will certainly do.  (Romans 4:17)  Faith says that God has already done what you asked and the angels are working to see that it's manifested in your life.  Faith says that you are persuaded that what I promised I will do. (Romans 4:21) One reason  that My promises cannot be manifested in your life is because you have yielded to the devil's "poor me," martyr thoughts and attitudes.
  I said if you do to others as you wish them to do to you, that whatever you ask of Me, it will be done to you and whatever you seek, you will find and whenever you knock it will be opened to you. (Matthew 7:7-12)  However, if you negate your prayers by voicing unbelief through "poor me" thoughts, attitudes and words spoken, you are leaving My family and joining with the devil's family of destruction, by which through his curses you will really have something to confirm your "poor me" woes.
  The devil sucks you into his "poor me"  kingdom by feeding you "poor me" thoughts.  Refuse those thoughts and instead profess that I am your Father and I answer the prayers of My children.  When your conversations are full of "poor me" complaints, you are glorifying the works of the devil, giving praise to him for what he has caused in your life.  When your conversations are full of faith, that I am blessing your life even though you don't see the culmination of the blessings yet, then you are giving praise to Me. magnifying My kingdom in the earth (Philippians 4:4-7)   
   I promised you an abundant life.  Refuse any "poor me" thoughts, walk in love and peace with everyone and My life of abundance will find its way to you.   I said to think about what is pure, lovely, gracious, kind, loving, excellent and praiseworthy,  Only choose thoughts of that holy caliber. (Philippians 4:8-9) When you do, you will speak words that contain those seeds and you will grow and reap from those plants in My garden of plenty.
    Your Promise Keeping Father

No comments: