Wednesday, February 8, 2017

NEW BEGINNINGS - THE WIDE GATE


Dear Precious Child,
   Jesus said that the gate is narrow and the path is hard that leads to your being able to enjoy the abundant life.  I did not make the gate narrow that leads to the abundant life and I did not make the path hard that leads to having My kingdom become a part of your life on earth.  Your enemy, the devil, made the gate narrow and the path hard.  I did not.  If I did, I would be a terrible father.  If I did, I would be like some selfish earthly fathers who do not take time to mentor their children and lead them into a successful childhood and adult life.  Those neglectful, abusive fathers make it hard for their children to have enjoyable childhoods and successful adult lives.  I am not like that.  Instead, I gave to you the tree of life, My Holy Spirit, who leads you onto the paths of righteousness so that you will inherit all of My blessings.
   My children throughout the history of humanity joined over and over with their spiritual enemy, the devil, and retreated from My Fatherly advice given through the prophets and the priests. They made gods of the religious laws and used them to judge others.  The devil blinded their minds by putting a veil upon their minds and he is the one who narrowed the gate that is the entrance to My kingdom.  Also, he is the one who makes the path hard that leads to the abundant life by throwing temptations in your thoughts and he puts traps on the path so that you will get discouraged and give up. (II Corinthians 3:13-16)
  I solved all of your problems when I sent Jesus to earth to die for your sins and then I sent My Holy Spirit into your life to be your guide, your comforter, your counselor, your advocate and your tutor, all from the inside of you instead of My trying to guide you outwardly from the mouths of the prophets and priests.  I became your private, home schooled, indwelling Father who is your tutor. (I Corinthians 6:19-20)   The path to righteousness becomes easier the more you know Me intimately and the more often you hear My voice and take My advice.  I lead you and guide you constantly onto the path of righteousness and the green pastures of rest, and I do it from the inside of you by My gentle words and images given into your thoughts.  (II Corinthians 3:17-18)
   I give you the gift of discernment which senses My glory to which you joyfully join and also the gift of discernment which senses impending doom from which you will flee.  I help you to recognize the voices in your mind of judgment, anger, lust, bitterness, strife and all of the devil's other many temptations which come into your thoughts which are sent from hell to separate you from Me and My kingdom life of joy and peace,
    I give you My authoritative power to refuse the devil's evil thoughts and cast them out of your mind before they develop into attitudes and begin to curse your life.  If you think upon the devil's thoughts until they become bad attitudes, your emotional energy is added to them and the destruction begins because your bad attitudes show on your face, in your voice, in your words and in your actions.  Attitudes have spiritual power which either bless you or curse you.  That is why Jesus identified to you the attitudes that He wants to develop in you which are called the Beatitudes, they are His attitudes.  They are humility, meekness, mercy, forgiveness, desiring My righteousness, purity in heart, and being so filled with the fruit of My Spirit that you are persecuted by others.  (Matthew 5:1-13) 
    My attitudes emanating from you will attract to you all of the goodness in My garden of life.  When you choose My thoughts, My attitudes, My words and My acts of love, you are one of My children who walks through the narrow gate and skips over the hard path which leads to My abundant life.  When I am your Shepherd, I lead you through the narrow gate, bypass the hard path and lead you onto the path that leads to complete rest for your soul.   Of course I do that for My children.  I am your good Father whose pleasure it is to give you My Kingdom. (I Corinthians 1:6-11)
    Your Ever Active Father of Love

No comments: