Thursday, May 9, 2013

THE BOOK AND THE TEACHER

Dear One,
     My revealed words are the only basis upon which you can build a foundation that is solid.  Unrevealed words are shakeable and unstable.  They disappear when problems arise. 
     When Peter confessed that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God, Jesus said that Peter was blessed because flesh and blood had not revealed that truth to him but that I had revealed it to him.  Notice Jesus said that Peter was blessed because of the revelation.  Jesus went on to say that He would build His church upon that revelation knowledge, that Jesus is My Son.
     Jesus said that His body of believers, the church, would be build on that solid foundation.  He was saying that only revelation of My words provide the stability that My children seek.
     My Spirit is the Spirit of Truth.  All revealed knowledge and wisdom comes through Him to My children.  Jesus praised the work of My Spirit when He said that He had to leave so that My promise would come to people.  He told His disciples that My Holy Spirit had been with them as long as He was physically with them.  He told them that when My promise was manifested, My Spirit, that He would be in them, not just with them.
     When My Spirit is in you, you have access to all of My wisdom, My knowledge, My insight and My understanding.  It is freely given to you, precept by precept, line by line, here a little, there a little, according to how much you can assimilate at the time.
     There is no revelation except by My Spirit.  He takes what is mine and gives it to you, just like Jesus predicted.
      When a person tries to interpret My word, My will, without the revelation of My Spirit, there are various and sundry inaccurate interpretations.  That is the reason there are denominational wars, religious wars and political wars.  It all goes back to the efforts of people to take My words and try to interpret them without the writer of My words, who is the Holy Spirit.
      Children go to school to learn.  They aren't handed books and required to learn from the books without a teacher.  Teachers are provided to interpret the books, the ideology, the true theories in the books.  When the teachers reveal the truths in the theories, then the lessons become practical and applicable to the children.
      The same thing is true about My Instruction Book and My Holy Spirit.  You must have the Holy Spirit in you to interpret what is written in the Book.  If you don't have the teacher, you don't have applicable wisdom.  Without the interpretation by My Spirit you only have theory which has no lasting effect on your life.
      That is what Jesus was teaching to His followers, that My Spirit is your teacher and your advocate. He takes what is mine and explains all of it to you.  Then your life is rich and victorious because your education in the ways of My family are complete, lacking in nothing.
      My Spirit is available to everyone who asks for Him to live in them.  He is called the Comforter. That's what you have when you have Him in your life.  You have all the fullness of My Godhead and as a result you have the comfort and peace which you have always sought.  I promised My Spirit to everyone who asks.  He's yours to have.
     Love, God
     Matthew 16:15-19; Luke 24:46-49; John 14: 15-17; John 15:26; Luke11:11-13; Ephesians 1:16-20.
Photo from my yard....
         

No comments: