Monday, August 6, 2007

"Let the Dead Bury the Dead"


Dear One,
When I told My children to let the dead bury the dead, it was not only relating to burials, it was a spiritual truth and wise instruction.
I was also talking about dead issues, dead situations, dead conflicts, dead grudges, dead circumstances, dead backgrounds, dead family affairs, dead hurts, dead jealousies. Everything that happened in the past, before today, is dead. There is no life in the dead things unless you give life to them by breathing new life into them by just simply dwelling on the horror of it or the embarrassment of it or the hurt of it or the pain that it caused. What happened before today is dead. Let it stay dead. That is what forgiveness is all about, letting dead things stay dead.
I say to you today to let the dead who do not know Me and My love and My joy and My laughter and My happiness and My peace and My goodness and My kindness and My mercy and My forgiveness, let the ones who don’t know Me keep resurrecting the dead things. Let them bury them and then dig them up to breath life into them again, then bury them again, then dig them up and breath life into them again, reliving them over and over and over again. Only the emotionally dead want to do that. Don’t perform CPR on the dead things of the past.
You know Me and you know My light and My hope and My faith for a wonderful today and a fabulous, joyful, prosperous future.
If you choose to live in the area of the dead things of yesterday and all of the past, then they will bring death to you in spirit, soul and body. Do you really want to live in a cemetery of dead things?
You can choose to live in a beautiful garden that is filled with beauty and peace and joy.
Choose the garden over the cemetery and I will always exclaim to you, “Welcome to the land of abundant living where I live.”
Love, God
Matthew 8: 21&22
photo compliments of michrose2000 at www.flickr.com

No comments: