Tuesday, March 6, 2018

SELF CONTROL BENEFITS

My Dear Precious Child,
    One of the fruit, or outgrowths, of having My Holy Spirit inside of you is for you to have self control, which really is your taking control of the damaging extreme emotions that surge through your mind and body.  Those surging extreme emotions are not from Me and they do not originate with you, yourself.   Instead, they are from the devil and they originate in hell, sent in an attempt to capture your mind and plunge you downward into despair, depression, anger, discord, lust and other damaging attitudes. They begin with temptations in your mind to dwell on negative things, what somebody did to you, what people did not do for you, how someone hurt you emotionally or physically, how someone betrayed you, how you failed in some way, how someone failed you, how you are tempted to overindulge in food, alcohol or drugs, and millions of different thought patterns which captivate your mind and enslave you to the works of the devil.  I want to train you to take control of those damaging thoughts which escalate quickly into attitudes which produce damaging energy in your body, in your family, and in your world.
   Self control is taking control of your own mind. casting down the imaginations of defeat, fear, lust, confusion, despair and anything that comes into your mind that is contrary to My thoughts and attitudes. (II Corinthians 10:5) I said to bring into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. 
   There are many ways to accomplish this exercise of self control, one being to counter every negative thought with a scripture, just like your brother Jesus did.  He spoke My will in the matters by which He was tempted by the devil.  For instance, when He was tempted by the devil to worship the devil, Jesus countered with the truth that I said that a person should worship Me and only Me. When He was tempted by the devil to throw Himself down from the top of a temple to see if I would send My angels to save Him, Jesus countered with the truth that I said, "You should not tempt the Lord your God." 
   In every instance when Jesus was tempted by the devil, He countered the mental attack with what I said about the matter.  Every time, the devil had to leave because of the steadfastness of Jesus in refusing the temptation and speaking My will in the current instance.  After Jesus exercised control over His mind where the devil tempted Him, My angels came and ministered to Him. (Matthew 4:5-11)
   I told My children that even though you walk in the flesh, you do not war after the flesh, meaning that you do not return evil to someone who does evil to you and you do not make war with human beings.  It means that you only war against the demonic strongholds that come against you in your mind. (II Corinthians 10:3-6)  Instead of, for one minute, entertaining the thoughts of fear and defeat, anger or hatred, depression or despair, you cast those thoughts into hell from where they originated.  You tell the devil to be gone, to leave your mind, to take his baggage with him and to go back to hell. You speak My will in the matter, professing your faith in Me.  When your obedience to My will is fulfilled by your casting down every negative thought, then you can avenge all of the devil's disobedience when he tempts you again. 
   Your confidence must always be in what I promised that I will also accomplish in your life. (Romans 4:21; Romans 14:14)  Your confidence must never be in things of the flesh, which are negative thoughts from hell in your own mind.  The human mind is the devil's playground in the earth.  All evil that he brings into the world begins with a temptation in the mind of a person.  When a person yields to a temptation, then speaks the devil's will in the matter, it is established as a curse in the life of the person because the person speaks it as if it is your own will in the matter.  That is why it is expedient that My children refuse the temptations and send the demons to hell who deliver the temptations to your mind. .  
   Taking control of your mind involves being on the alert to identify every negative thought as being from hell.  Then you must gather your arsenal, the weapons of warfare that I have given to you, in order to pull down the devil's strongholds which are the weaknesses in your personality that the devil knows are his paths of entrance into your mind.  You must know your constitution and bylaws of My kingdom, the new covenant scriptures that are relative to the devil's temptations.  When you know the basis of your faith in Me, then you can counterattack the devil and win the battles that he initiates in your mind simply by speaking My will in the current matter.  First, you must identify the weaknesses in your own personality that are still in existence which are open paths for the devil to attack your mind in hopes you will succumb to him and allow him to further his curses in your life.  Learn the scriptures which outline My will in all matters which pertain to you.  When you quote them to the devil, it causes him to bow down to My will and exit your life.
   I gave you My power.  I gave you My authority.  I gave you My Instruction Book which has My will and all of your constitution and bylaws of My kingdom, all of which are weapons which successfully battle against the devil's temptations so that you win every battle.  I gave you the truth many times that your battle is never with flesh and blood, not with people, but that your battles are always with the demonic kingdoms in the air around you which regularly come and attack your mind. (Ephesians 6:10-18)
   When I gave you My power, I also gave you My spiritual language which builds you up on your faith, making you more and more powerful every time you pray in the Holy Spirit. (Jude 20) I told you to pray at all times and in every occasion in the Holy Spirit.  You have My power to refuse the temptations that come from the devil in an effort to make you a child of the flesh instead of a child of My Spirit.
   When you walk in the emotions of the flesh, you are easily defeated.  When you walk in My Spirit, being led by My Spirit and praying in My Holy Spirit, you are never defeated. 
   You have My Power.  Use it. Jesus Christ died so that you would inherit My power.  I say again, use it!
   Your Powerful Father of Love     
               

No comments: