Thursday, October 24, 2019

LESSONS IN JOB

My precious child,
     When you learn the lessons taught in the parable poem of Job you are what Jesus Christ labeled as My child.  He taught that if you keep His words, meaning if you seek to hear Him on matters of importance to you and persist until you do hear Him, then if you take His instructions to heart, believing what He has taught you, and if do what He encourages you to do, then you are My child and you are privileged to receive My entire glorious inheritance that I set aside for you from the beginning of the world.  Jesus Christ said that when you truly love Me as your Heavenly Father as I love you, then you will prove your love for Me if you honor Me enough to take My instructions to heart and do them. (John 14:13-26; John 15:7-10)
     Under the Law of the old covenant, one of the ten commandments given by Me to the Israelites was for the children to honor their parents so that they would have long lives in the earth.  Parents have lived longer lives than children and so many parents have learned that living good and kind lives will result in staying away from evil.  If children have stayed away from evil because of the warning of their parents, then they have honored their parents.  (Leviticus 19:3) Honoring a parent has nothing to do with speaking to the parent as if the parent was a noble person but it means that the child has accepted the advice and guidance from the parents, knowing that he or she will live a long life because honoring the parents means taking the guidance of the parents as good advice and following it.  That is why I gave that commandment, because it is following good guidance that results in a child living a happy, long life.
     If you will think about it, when Jesus Christ told His followers, you included, that if you truly love Me as your Heavenly Father then you will honor Me by following My guidance spoken through Jesus Christ and by taking My advice and following My guidance from the Holy Spirit, that by doing that you will honor Me and you will prove your love for Me as your Father in that way.  As your Father I want to be your constant guide, causing you to distance yourself from evil that is always in the earth and I lead you onto the good paths of life, the green pastures of peace and rest.  So My guidance and instructions are always for your good because I am concerned about your safety.  I also want you to be happy and fortunate in all that you do.  Your happiness reflects upon Me and that is what I meant when I said it is for My name's sake that you follow My parental guidance.  That will happen when you listen to My guidance through the Holy Spirit who lives inside of you.  When you follow My words to love everyone, that is what I meant when I said that if you love Me that you will keep My words.  (Matthew 22:36-40)
     My children prove that they are My loving children by seeking to have a Parent/child relationship with Me as their Father with the realization that I created the world and so, because I created it, I know more about how My children can avoid evil and embrace good in the world.  When you do take My advice and follow My guidance, you will live a long, happy life in the earth.  That is why I want you to always follow My advice and guidance.       
     Job learned the hard way, after the devil robbed him of all of his lands, cattle, crops, houses and children.  He finally took the advice of a wise, good friend named Elihu and decided to consult with Me about why he had lost everything that he had, refusing to believe that his own fear and self righteousness gave the devil permission to curse him.  Job learned My wisdom and he learned that he must forgive his three friends who cursed him also with erroneous advice.  They had tried to convince Job that he was righteous and that I was using evil to teach him lessons.  Unfortunately, there are still many "friends" of Job even in My family who teach that lie about Me.  But when Job heard My personal words to him he was convinced of My desire for Him to always consult Me for guidance.  Job's fortune, houses, lands, cattle and children were returned to him twice over what he previously had, and he lived a long happy life with new resolve to seek Me instead of seeking the insight of mere human men who turned out to believe lies about Me. Job became My obedient child who honored Me by seeking My personal wisdom and following it.  
    After the poem about Job ends with the words about My blessings being bestowed upon him, the next advice listed in My Instruction Book is from Psalms, which happens to be the next book. (Job 41 and Psalm 1)  The first psalm mirrors the lessons that Job learned.  David wrote in that song that a person is blessed who does not seek advice and counsel from the ungodly or fraternizes with sinners or listens to scorners, but a person is blessed, happy and fortunate who delights in My words of guidance if he or she meditates on them day and night.  I wrote to you through David that if you follow My guidance that you are like a tree who is planted by a stream of water whose roots go down into the running water.  That tree never lacks water.  If you follow My words of advice and guidance you will prosper in everything that you do and you will never lack anything. (Psalm 1:1-6)  The wisdom revealed in all of the psalms mirror the truth in the first psalm.   
     Seeking My words, meditating on them and following My guidance will guarantee that your life on earth will be happy, fortunate and enviable.
     Often children say of their earthly fathers, "My Daddy knows everything."  It is the highest praise that My children can speak when they say that about Me.  
     My truths are found in My Book and they are amplified and revealed to you by My Holy Spirit.  Listen to them as My Spirit teaches you, follow them, and be happy, living a long prosperous and happy life.
     Your Heavenly Father knows best!
     Your Father of Great Joy  

No comments: