Tuesday, April 14, 2015

REAL HONOR

Dear One,
    Under the old covenant with a nation, when I told children to honor their parents so that their lives would be long, I was telling children that the parents had lived longer in the earth and they had learned some valuable lessons which they would teach to their children.  So honoring the parents meant to listen to their teachings, follow them, and then the children would avoid evil trappings which would cause their destruction and death. That was the reason for My telling children to honor their parents.  (Exodus 20:12)
    So honoring someone involves listening to them, following their teachings and emulating their good character. If you will do that, then you will reap the benefits of sowing good seeds in life which will return to you many times, making your life filled with good things. The results will be a long life. (Galatians 6:7-9)
    You sing and proclaim that you honor Me as your Lord and Savior.  When you  listen to My personal words to you, follow My guidance and emulate My character of love to every friend and foe, then you find that I can do more than you dare think or imagine, according to the power of My presence in your life.  You have honored Me in reality rather than in ineffective words alone. (Ephesians 3;14-20)
    Honoring Me is making My personality and character become flesh in your life so that others will know that I am Love and I am peace because they have seen Me in you.  Jesus was the perfect personification of My character and He reflected My glory in the earth.  That is why the poor, the depressed, the sick and the broken hearted people flocked to Him, because they saw Me in Him. People honored Him because He distributed peace wherever He set His foot.  People flock to peace and love when it is exemplified in the personalities of My children.(Matthew 5:3-9) 
    My true character has been maligned by religion, but Jesus told you that you must be perfect just as I am perfect so that people will know My true personality. (Romans 12:1-2; Matthew 5:48)
    Often the behavior and actions of some of My children deny that I am the One that they honor because of the way they treat My other children who are made in My image, just like they are made in My image. They dishonor My other children and in doing that they dishonor Me.  I said whatever you do to the least of My children you do to Me. (Matthew 25:40)
     To truly honor Me is to be as I Am in the world. (I John 4:17-21)
     Be My child in character and then you will not have to proclaim that you are My child in name. 
     Your Loving Father    

No comments: